16 Aralık 2007 Pazar

Thanks!

I’m mainly posting today to say thanks to everyone who has wished us Merry Christmas from back home, and thanks for your comments Pam! Today we received the cards that Graeme, Naomi, Penny and Niamh, and Kelly, Glen, Jake and Luke sent us. We have them stuck above our little Christmas tree, with some photos from home and the cards we got from Mum and Dad and Nana.

Just as a quick update, I have started working at my permanent store now, Paddington, and it’s a lot different to the other stores I’ve worked in. It makes more money, which is good, but it’s filthy all the time as a result and it’s freezing! It was -2 outside last night and I’d say it was only very slightly warmer inside the station. Not good when you are wearing thin black pants and a t-shirt, with a thin cardigan over it. I’ve never felt so cold before. I’m not sure I want to work nights anymore, both nights I have missed my night bus home and had to wait for half an hour in the freezing cold for the next one. I’m glad I’m moving back to the morning shifts on Thursday, even though I hear it is ridiculously busy in the morning.

I have the day off today, but so far I am wasting it, as it is a quarter to twelve and I have done nothing yet. I have jobs to do, like tidy up and get rid of the rubbish, and take my bank details to the Bagel Factory head office so I can start being paid. Other ideas for today include going rollerskating in Hyde Park, like we keep intending, shopping for a Christmas outfit on Oxford St (nice clothes are so expensive here, even the op shops charge a lot), ice skating at Canary Wharf….and that’s about it. I’d like to go to the zoo as well, since there is bus there virtually from our doorstep, but we need to get paid first, I think. Natalie is rapidly running out of money.

Speaking of Natalie, any ideas on what to get her for Christmas? I’m stumped.

Hiç yorum yok: