16 Aralık 2007 Pazar

Hyde Park and Christmassy Things

Hi everyone! Yep, I’m actually writing on here for once. Natalie says she needs my help to keep this page up to date, so here I am (though still, Natalie is the one actually typing this up).

Living in London has been great so far. I’m not sure if it’s just that I haven’t got the reality check yet - you know the one where you realise that you’re on the other side of the world with no money, but so far I’m enjoying the convenience of being a few doors down from an Iceland supermarket, an Ethiopian restaurant and a laundromat, and within walking distance of Camden Town & Kings Cross St Pancras stations, with links to just about anywhere in the UK and even the rest of Europe.

wonderland.jpgYesterday Nat and I had the day off work, so we went to Hyde Park to the “Winter Wonderland” fair, which has an observation wheel, outdoor iceskating and rides, along with market stalls. We didn’t do anything there because we had no money (we haven’t properly set up our bank accounts so we be paid for another week or two at least), but it was a nice way to get ourselves into the Christmas spirit.

In terms of us experiencing a winter Christmas, most of what we have done so far is try some wintery beverages - spiced apple juice (yum!), mulled wine (yuck), and gingerbread latte (yum again).

We had hoped to go rollerskating in the park yesterday, as a free alternative to the iceskating, but it was a rainy and windy and overall horrible day yesterday. We ended up getting a bit wet while we were out as it was, so we abandoned the winter wonderland pretty quickly and headed to the historymuseum.jpgNatural History Museum instead. It has a similar market and ice rink there over Christmas. We went into the museum, but left quickly because of the Sunday crowds. We saw a few fossils and dinosaur skeletons, but not much else.

Yesterday afternoon we met up with a guy from one of Natalie’s forums that lives around Camden. We wandered around the markets and had spiced apple juice in a nice little cafe. Afterwards, Nat and I intended to head for home but ended up having dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Camden Lock. It was excellent!

Anyway, that’s all I’ll get to say for now… until next time!

Hiç yorum yok: