16 Aralık 2007 Pazar

Last day at Canary Wharf

My training is over at Bagel Factory. It’s a bit of a shame as it means that I’m no longer at Canary Wharf, but it’s good to know that I have a permanent home now and will have a fair idea, in advance, of my shifts each week.

Again, my day today has not been worth writing about, really. All I’ve done since my last post is serve bagels, cash up, travel on the tube and bus, bought orthotic insoles, try on jeans (what kind of crazy sizing do they have for jeans in this country? size 12 didn’t even fit me, yet most of my pants and 10-12 and I wear 8-10 up top), and sleep. Man, now that’s something worth blogging about!
Oh, I did find out something that might be of interest to Kelly. One of the guys I’ve been working with has just started a job at Harrods and I’m now glad I missed the interview. Apparently before you get the job they give you a medical and anyone with even one noticeable pimple on their face gets rejected on hygiene reasons. Hygiene!! Pimples rarely have anything to do with hygiene. Also, the staff discount only reduces the prices enough to be on par with other retail shops selling the same items, because Harrods is so overpriced. There is a Bagel Factory within the Harrods2 store and they don’t get to have a free bagel like the rest of us. They have to pay to eat in the Harrods staff canteen, and have to go through security and keep their bags in lockers all day. The guy said that they are treated badly, paid badly and work long hours, with lots of rules and restrictions. So there you go. Since my skin has broken out a bit again, I probably would not have passed the medical and all of it would have been a waste of time. Hooray for my laziness that morning in Earl’s Court!

Hiç yorum yok: